6 Dog Training Services in Milwaukee
When it comes to training your dog, there’s no magic formula to promote good behavior and obedience.
For many pet parents, training can be a frustrating task that leaves them feeling defeated and hopeless. They want the best for their furry friend, but they can’t seem to get it right all on their own.
That’s where the help of a dog training service comes in.
If you’re struggling with training your new puppy or even an older dog, you need to consider bringing your pet to a dog training service in your city.
Here are 6 professional trainers located in the Milwaukee area.
6 Dog Training Services in Milwaukee
Rogue Dog Training
Rogue Dog Training offers the following services to your and your pet:
- Basic Obedience
- Shy / Reactive Training
- Potty Training
- Aggression Reduction
- Obedience Group Classes
Due to the current pandemic situation, they are offering 100% virtual or hybrid virtual/in-person training packages that will be held outdoors.
They practice a method of reward based training, which they believe is the right way to train your dog. Here is a snippet from their website that further explains this method:
“Rogue Dog Training uses love and rewards to shape dogs and puppies proper behavior, ensuring a positive, fun training experience for humans and animals. All commands are initially accompanied by a lure, like a dog toy or food treat. Best of all, the behaviors learned through reward based techniques do not wear off with continued practice. You will not have re-occurring canine obedience problems if your dog is trained by Rogue Dog Training using our proven reward based training techniques.”
Their dog training services are offered in both the Milwaukee and Waukesha areas. You will be assisted by ABCDT certified trainer, SteveTerwilliger.
Here is a further breakdown of what to expect for each service:
- Basic Obedience: Lessons covered include come, sit, stay, down and many more commands.
- Shy and Reactive Dog Training: Increasing communication between you and your dog. Limit canine anxiety.
- Dog Potty Training: Help you create an environment that will housebreak your puppy.
- Unwanted Aggression Reduction: Reducing aggressive behaviors.
- Group Obedience Classes: Canine socialization, your dog must be at least 16 weeks old.
And, here is a testimonial from a satisfied customer:
“Steve worked wonders with our little guy, Teddy. He used to have problems socializing with other dogs, whether on leash or off. Steve helped us to learn great techniques to work with Tedd…”
To book your training session or to learn more, you can send them an email at email@example.com, visit their website here or give them a call at 262-409-5901.
SideKick Dog Training
Sidekick Dog Training is dedicated to providing you with practical strategies that are personalized to you and your dog.
These are the benefits that they believe their dog training offers:
- Teaching your dog everyday skills
- Eliminating frustrating behaviors
- Overcoming behaviors such as aggressive behaviors toward other dogs
- House training
- Pre and post adoption assistance
This is how their training program works:
- First, you’ll have an initial session, so that they can better understand what your training goals are and how they can help your dog.
- Then, the training program will begin based on the recommendation given by the trainer.
Side Kick Dog Training is run by Jenn Prill. She believes in “better training through better relationships.”
“It perfectly symbolizes my training philosophy and my approach to training - with my own dog and with my clients' dogs! I 100% believe that there's a cyclical relationship between learning to communicate with your dog (training) and building a solid history of consistency and trust (relationship) with your dog.”
She offers 4 different private training options:
- Best Paw Forward: For puppies 8 to 20 weeks old. Focuses on skills and provides an introduction to help your puppy grow. The cost is $845.
- Intro to Training: Her most popular option that focuses on helping your dog learn everything they need to know to be well behaved. The cost is $745.
- Reactive Rover: Works on finding alternatives to over reactive responses. Cost is $945.
- Custom Training Program: This allows you to customize your training and focus on specific issues your dog needs help with. The cost varies depending on the program.
Here is a sample testimonial from a happy customer:
“Jenn was fantastic in helping our dog, Dre. As brand new dog owners we were not sure how to best train our pup...Jenn not only helped us learn the basics of training, but she was more than willing to give us advice and support for some behaviors we were concerned about with our pup. He’s making gains every week and it wouldn’t have been possible without Jenn!"
To book your session and learn more, you can visit their website here or send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Tail Waggers
Happy Tail Waggers is run by Jennifer Nowak.
“I teach with positive reinforcement and encourage clicker training while trying to be as force-free as possible. I can also work with behavior modification issues such as separation anxiety, barking, jumping, and shy and reactive dogs.”
She offers the following options for you and your dog:
- Group Classes
- Private Training Programs
Group classes include:
- Mind Your Manners 101 (Basic): 6 week course for puppies 8-20 weeks old. It costs $170.
- Mind Your Manners 102 (Basic) - 6 week course for teens and adults 5 months and up. It costs $170.
- Pawsitively Behaved 201 (Intermediate) - For dogs that have mastered basic training, a 6 week course that costs $170.
- Scholarly Hounds 301 (Advanced and CGC): 6 week, advanced level course that costs $170.
- Agility Foundations
- Come! : Course that lasts 2 weeks and focuses specifically on the cue “come!”
- Walk with me: 2 week course that helps your dog walk better on their leash
Additionally, they offer fully remote options for these classes.
They also offer private training at your home, virtually or out in the world. Some options include:
- Building Blocks - 3 lessons for $325
- Reliable Rover - 6 lessons for $625
- Manners Unlimited - 10 lessons for $102
To book your session, you can visit their website here or give them a call at 414-507-5099
WI Humane Society
The Wisconsin Humane Society offers dog training classes for you and your pet. Currently, they are only offering virtual dog training classes at this time.
They use reward based training techniques and these are the options they offer:
- Puppy ABCs: For puppies under 5 months, 6 weeks long to help them learn normal puppy behavior.
- Dog Manners Class: For dogs 5 months or older, 6 weeks long to introduce your dog to ways to think and learn.
- Shy Dog Class: For dogs 5 months or older, 6 weeks long, help dogs that are fearful or shy.
- Dog Behavior Seminars
- Stop the Pulling Class
- Canine Massage Workshop
- Pet First Aid and CPR
Your dog must be over 4 months old to attend and have their distemper, bordetalla and rabies vaccinations.
To view their calendar for the next available class, you can visit their website here.
Milwaukee Dog Training Club
The Milwaukee Dog Training Club offers a wide variety of classes. From basic obedience to dog manners, advanced obedience, agility, tracking and more.
Founded in 1929, they are not for profit hobby club.
“The MDTC prides itself in promoting responsible dog ownership and care by offering the Milwaukee community low-cost, much needed dog obedience classes. Membership is open to adults 16 and over, accepting both purebred and mixed breed dogs ages 6 months and older.”
As a requirement for all classes, your dog must be licensed, have their current vaccinations and you must use the proper leashes or training collars.
Here are the membership fees for the club:
- 3 months for $150
- 6 months for $200
- 1 year for $250
- 6 months for $75
- 1 year for $100
- 9 weeks for $150
You can view the entire breakdown of prices, here.
To learn more, you can visit their website here or send them an email at email@example.com
Wag The Dog & Company
Wag The Dog & Company is a training company that specializes in helping families and their dogs with fear, aggression, phobia and separation anxiety.
The training is run by Jennifer Pratt:
“As a formally educated, multi-credentialed professional, Jennifer is trusted and referred to by veterinarians and training colleagues alike. Jennifer is dedicated to helping guardians live the life they want to lead with their beloved companions by sharing her knowledge of how dogs learn and what really gets them motivated in life in a way that is not only effective but fun for both ends of the leash!”
They offer the following services:
- Private Training
- Online dog training includes a 90 minute private consultation and a 60 minute private session for $315.
- Remote Zoom sessions
- Consultation is 90 minutes for $195
- Puppy Start Right Package - 90 minute consultation and a 60 minute session for $315
- Separation Anxiety
- 30 minute Zoom consultation for $75
- 90 minute assessment for $195
- 4 week training package for $675
- Trainer to Trainer Services
- For other dog trainers to learn and get support.
To learn more, visit their website here or send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you can see there are several great options for dog training services in Milwaukee.
While you’re thinking about bettering your dog’s behavior, have you considered how you’re going to keep them healthy and protected in case of an accident or illness?
With pet insurance, you can make sure your dog is covered no matter what. It will help you cover the cost of rising veterinary bills and give you the peace of mind knowing that your dog has access to lifelong quality care.
Here at Fursure, we are pet insurance gurus who can help you find the best plan for your family. We get you set up with customized options to choose from, so that you can find a provider that works best for your budget.
To get your pet protected and covered in just a few minutes, buy a pet insurance policy today!