Ever wondered how you can get your pet the care they need without leaving the comfort of your home? We all know how stressful it can be to take your dog/cat to the veterinarian’s office. Even the most well behaved of furry friends, can smell the impending doom that is a wellness checkup. OK, maybe that’s being a bit dramatic. But, here’s the truth: our pets are intelligent creatures and they certainly don’t love the vet.
Yet, can we really blame them? I can’t remember the last time I was excited for my annual doctor’s visit. Since we know that regular checkups are important for our pet’s health, what if there was a way to take care of our furry friend without having to bring them to the vet’s office?
Luckily, there is. With the rise of in-home veterinary care, our pets can now be treated by professional vets at home.
Not only is at home veterinary care convenient for you, but it is less stressful for your pet to be treated and cared for in their own home.
To help you find an in-home veterinary care service for your pet, we’ve compiled a list of options you can use to have a vet come to your home. Let’s take a look at your choices.
Vets At Home: Options For In-Home Veterinary Care
House Paws brings wellness care right to our door. As a team of mobile veterinarians, they bring you “high quality, compassionate veterinary care to you, keeping your pets healthy in the comfort and convenience of your home.”
Here are the services they offer for wellness care:
- Semi Annual Physical Examinations: Assessment of your pet’s eyes, ears, mouth and skin as well as system check ups of cardiac, respiratory, abdominal, urogenital and lymphatic.
- Wellness and Preventative Care Plans: Help you determine the factors that affect your pet’s health and how to treat them.
- Vaccination Protocol
- Titer Testing: To help determine if your pet is in need of a vaccine
- Wellness Testing: Blood work, fecal analysis - to indicate early disease
- Flea and Tick Programs
Another service they offer is sick and emergency care. They are able to treat “90% of common medical conditions during at home appointments.”
Lastly, they offer veterinary counseling services for acute and chronic conditions as well as mobile diagnostic and treatment services to meet the needs of your pet.
If you’re a pet owner in the Northeast, then House Paws will be a great option for you and your pet. You can download their Televet app and visit their website to learn more.
Vetter is all about convenient, affordable in home veterinary care. They are based in the Philadelphia area.
They provide routine veterinary care in your home, this is how it works:
- View their schedule to make an appointment time that works for you and your pet.
- Complete your booking and confirm your appointment. You won’t get charged until your appointment is complete.
- Wait for your vet to arrive. After the visit, your vet will be available for follow up discussion.
Here’s a testimonial from their website, “Every aspect of Vetter is convenient - easy to book, very reasonably priced, caring vet came to us. Our pup was much more relaxed being examined in a familiar place. Will use this home visit vet service going forward for sure.”
To book an appointment or learn more about Vetter, visit their website here.
Vet’s Here is a full service mobile veterinary practice.
“We offer the high quality care your pet deserves with the added comfort and convenience of service at your home.”
Their services include:
- Wellness exams such as physicals
- In Home Euthanasia
- Large Animal Exams
- Sick Pet Care
- Dental Procedures
- Imaging and Laboratory
They are based out on the west coast in California and currently service the areas of Ventura County, Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez Valley.
To schedule your mobile vet visit with Vet’s Here, you can call their phone number at 1-888-838-2738 or contact them on their website here.
Another way to have a veterinarian in your home is through an online, virtual appointment. My Virtual Vet gives pet owners access to flexible veterinary care.
Tired of tedious and stressful veterinary appointments? Have an urgent question about your pet’s health? My Virtual Veterinarian is an online application that allows pet parents to have a completely virtual appointment with a professional, licensed, and caring veterinarian.
“My Virtual Veterinarian was founded on the desire to help all pets live healthier, happier lives with their families.”
Here’s how it works:
- Download their IOS app or request an appointment online. Pet parents can also request appointments via the website. Appointment prices vary and are clearly noted.
- Select your vet and make an appointment
- Join your appointment and talk to a professional vet!
- If you need a prescription filled, you can do this through their convenient online store.
They also have an online store where you can get your pet’s prescription refilled or buy pet supplies you may need.
My Virtual Vet is a great option because of its:
- Flexibility: Make an appointment based on your schedule
- Continuity: Keep records of all your chat conversations
- Easy Payments: They pay the vet for you and you can securely pay through the app.
My Virtual Veterinarian is truly reshaping the pet care industry, to learn more visit their website here.
Another virtual service that allows you to get veterinary advice for your pet is Pet Coach.
They offer 24/7 access to verified pet experts who can answer any questions you may have.
All you need to do is:
- Type your question
- Attach up to three photos (if necessary)
- Select the category of your question, e.g. Health, Behavior, Training
- Then, submit your question to be answered!
Additionally, they have a knowledge bank of questions that have already been answered for you to access. This is largely helpful if you’re interested in learning more about certain health, behavior and nutritional information.
To get started, create a pet profile and connect with pet experts, today.
Whether your pet is in need of a physical checkup, a virtual consultation or you simply have a question that needs answering, there are several ways to receive veterinarian care and insight without leaving your house.
With vets at home, these professionals can give your pet the quality care and attention they deserve. Plus, it will reduce the amount of stress and anxiety your pet normally experiences when having to take a trip to the veterinarian office.
Now that you know how to get your pet the care they need at home, are you prepared to pay any bills that may arise?
There’s always the possible chance that an accident or illness occurs and if so, the medical bills can become pretty expensive. While you may think you can pay out of pocket, you’re better off purchasing a pet insurance plan that will help you offset enormous costs.
At Fursure, our team of pet insurance gurus can help you find the best pet insurance policy for you and your furry friend. We do all the research for you to find and create a customized plan for your pet. With pet insurance, you can have the peace of mind knowing that your best friend is covered no matter what.
To get your pet protected and covered in just a few minutes, buy a pet insurance policy today!