What is the DA2PP Vaccine For Dogs?
Keeping your dog healthy means staying up to date with their vaccinations. In order to protect your pet from illness and disease, ensuring that they receive their shots is crucial to their overall wellness.
In this article, we’re going to discuss what the DA2PP vaccine is and why it’s recommended for your pup.
Let’s dig in!
What is the DA2PP Vaccine?
The DA2PP vaccine is administered to dogs when they are puppies. It is very common and given to your puppy in order to protected them from several viruses.
The DA2PP vaccine is core vaccine and recommended for all dogs. It works by exposing your dog’s body to a small amount of weakened pathogens, so their immune system can recognize them and fight any future infections.
The DA2PP vaccine covers the following viruses:
- Distemper Virus
- The virus affects your dog’s nervous, respiratory and gastrointestinal system. It is fatal even with care and usually affects puppies and younger dogs.
- Canine Adenovirus Type 1 & 2
- Canine Adenovirus Type 1 causes infectious canine hepatitis which is a type of liver disease. And, Canine Adenovirus Type 2 is a respiratory disease.
- Parvo affects your dog’s digestive system and is very common in young puppies, it is serious and potentially fatal.
- Parainfluenza Virus
- Parainfluenza is a contagious respiratory virus that can lead to serious complications and infection.
When Does Your Dog Receive the DA2PP Vaccine?
To best protect your dog, they should receive these vaccinations as puppies in order to prevent the onset of diseases when their immune system is still developing.
Vaccines normally begin at around 6-8 weeks of age and then, boosters are administered every 3-4 weeks until your puppy is 16 weeks old.
It’s crucial to not skip boosters as these are what give your dog the full protection against these diseases and viruses.
After receiving this vaccine as a puppy, many dogs will continue to receive these boosters every three years.
Your veterinarian will know best and give you all the information you need about your puppy’s vaccine schedule and care.
Protect Your Pet With the DA2PP Vaccine
The cost of the DA2PP vaccine will vary depending on where you live. But, the price of vaccination is definitely worth it. Not only does it protect your pet, but it will save you thousands of dollars in potential care if your pet becomes sick.
As you can see, the DA2PP vaccine is essential for puppies in order to protect them from serious and life-threatening illness.
As a pet parent, your dog’s health is your top priority. So, always remember to speak with your veterinarian about your dog’s vaccines and stay up to date on their boosters to ensure that they lead a long and healthy life.